Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Tower of Babel 1563 (200 Kb); Oil on oak panel, 114 x 155 cm; Kunsthistorisches Museum Wien, Vienna

l

Today I came across this painting, and it took me back to Vienna. I thought if I upload the painting here, it may help me not feeling so homesick for Wien :-))
The original painting is in the Museum of Art History in Vienna. Looking at this I can see it clearly on the right wall of the room.
The first time I saw the painting I thought: "Humm. I don't think the Babel Tower was right on the beach. If it was, there was no need to make a heaven like that. The whole idea of making this building was to make a heavenlike place for his wife.......". I still don't know. Is there anybody who knows if the Babel Tower was built right on the edge of a river or a sea?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://www.webstats4u.com/s?id=4087915