Monday, July 24, 2006

How long does it take for you?

I read a post on a friend’s site, in which he was saying that it took him 3 years to be a person, whom he would make fun of some years ago.
Such an amazing similarity. I feel the same way.
To be more honest, I shall say it took me 14 years to become a person that I like. I grew up somewhere in which, Do and Don't were (and still are) more than “why” and “how”. There were many rules that I couldn't find any logic in them. I sworn to myself as a 10 years old kid to never fall in one of these ordinary frames and to make my own open frame. So I left home when I was 16,5 and I thank my parents for being fully understanding and very supportive.
While I was living alone for the last 14 years, I tried to see how other people live, first around my country and then around the world. I tried to see the “goods” and the “bads” and set my own Do and Don't. Meeting people with different backgrounds, different religions and different cultures gave me a wide perspective of the world in which we are living. I found out that a smile can open any door. I found out that it's ones own hard work which is going to be appreciated and I realized its me and only me who can benefit of my efforts. I didn’t ask anyone’s help and tried to help as much as I could. I’ve learn to say Thank you, in answer to a Thank you. I tasted many different cuisine and learned to remember that my country is of those unique places in which you can share an Omelets with 10 crazy people and enjoy it soooooooooo much.
I got to know many many nice people around the world who recognized me for my help and sympathy. So many nice people that I can't count them. I also saw someones, who despite seeing the truth right in front of their eyes, insisted to stay blind-folded. (Thanks God there were not many of them)
But It is true. I believe it. It took me 1 year in the USA to transform to a person, whom I don’t like. Here I’ve learn to hear “Uhhuunnn” in respond to Thank you and I’ve learned that the friendship is based on the type car you are driving.
And I can’t forget that my country is that far that I sometime forget where am I standing. This feeling is worst when you live in Los Angeles, and work close to a Persian neighborhood in which they all speak Persian, and they all talk about how they all live in the dream of living in Iran, but then you know they no longer know what Iran really is.
Is this the US-cultural system, the Iran-nostalgia, or not having a real friend or something else, I still didn’t figure out!
If you have any idea, let me know :-) I do like to transform back!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sh. said...

you're more experienced than I am, but to this date I have not met anyonre who could unchange her/himself. I have however met those who changed and changed again and again, until they felt comfortable with themselves on both their old and new virtues.I guess what I'm trying to say is that you probably can't change 'back', but you could change again. does it make sense at all?

14:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://www.webstats4u.com/s?id=4087915