Thursday, July 13, 2006

for Faramarz Aslani-lovers

Here is what I'd found from Faramarz Aslani. I won a Ticket for his concert last month in a radio contest. Being in his concert was such an unbelievable moment for Amir and I. The concert was in a club named Red Square in Woodland Hills, LA, starting at 10:00 PM to 2:00 AM. The very same day we were coming back from a three-day trip to San Diego. But nothing, not even the fatigue of this travel could prevent us to go there that late. The only thing I can say is that we seriously made a smart choice. He was amazing. During the concert, every single moment I was reminding myself that such a wonderful time I am having. I can’t describe it. I was standing there, one meter away from him, in the crowd and everybody was singing his songs. Different people, different ages, an old lady on the wheelchair, middle aged couples, young couples, and so many friends were united there to sing “Ageh yek rouz beri safar”. Oh, even talking about it make me feel like it was just a dream. Amir has couple of photos in his website Amir's Album: The only tape.
Recently I think more and more about the Iran’s revolution and its impact on the middle class back in Iran. Most of us lost the golden years of our life surviving, finding our faith again and most of the people I know, were obliged to emigrate, voluntarily or involuntarily. I think here, in Los Angeles due to the high ranked population of Persian people, my nostalgic feeling is growing.
It is like LA is a mini-Tehran, or as they call it Tehran-jeles. Persian community had established itself as a very successful community and that made me regret what we could do in Iran. Most of the people I see here, are living here, are working, are successful, they are happy, but are missing home. Not that there is anything back there for them, it just doesn’t feel right.
This home is beautiful,
But it is not my home
This land is pretty
But it is not motherland
.

[In Persian:
In khaneh ghashang ast vali khaneh man nist
In khak fariba’st, vali khak vatan nist
.]

It is funny. Where did Faramarz take me? I hope you enjoy listening to his songs.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amir said...

A very nice peice my dear.
:0)
A

15:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://www.webstats4u.com/s?id=4087915