Monday, February 04, 2008

When I felt sorry for myself

Where I work, there are so many nice people. In between them, I can specifically name a Doctor who is the director of the Hepatology department.
Last month I had a problem with a swollen part on the left side of my stomach. I looked it up in the internet and got scared of what I found out. Not having a good primary physician around, I went to him and asked his idea. He examined it and said I shouldn’t worry but better show it to a physician.
Just few minutes ago, he stopped by my cubicle and asked about the problem. I smiled and said I didn’t get a chance to show it to a doctor. He showed some sort of faces like: Hey you girl,…. Then I was explaining I have few problems and is difficult to find a good doctor(s) for all of them at the same place.
While explaining about my heart problem, about my auto-immune disease, the recent surgery I had, about the DVT syndrome I developed while I was driving to San Francisco, and finally about the unbearable pain I have in my Neck& Shoulder, he just asked “Oh my GOD. How old are you”…I smiled and replied: 33 going to 34. He said, Oh, you are so young…….
Then I smiled more and said: Don’t worry. I have had many of this problems and complications since many years ago. Still I accomplished to study two masters degree while I was working part time in Tehran. I also finished my PH.D, and now not only I am working full time but also am teaching Part-time. Considering my long commute to work, I think I am taking the life at its most capacity. No?

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Reza said...

yes. take it easy and enjoy your life more.

15:16  
Blogger Nazy said...

Chakameh, Superwoman, Scientist, Survivor:

Salaam. So, O.K. Either you go show yourself to a doctor soon, or I'm coming down there to take you myself! You are young, beautiful, accomplished, and sensitive. You are a gift to all of us. You must look after yourself for all the people that love you and appreciate your existence. 33 is nothing, when you consider you must live for at least another 50 years! So you better take care of what you have to live those 50 years with better health and more joy!

Of course, I should be a fine one to talk like this. I am worse than you! I only gave you that lecture, so that you will give it to your other friends soemtime, because left to their own devices, most people WOULD procrastinate taking care of themselves and they need to be reminded by friends and family to do it. This was my reminder to you, my extraordinary friend. Take care.

15:32  
Blogger bijan said...

You're so amazing too...

16:52  
Blogger Chakameh Azimpour said...

Oh Nazy joon. What you wrote brought tears to my eyes. How sweet you are. I am looking to find a good doctor. And I promise I will take care of that. Actually I have to. The pain in my leg and knee is getting worth, and mu arms are so painful. Not even for the other problems, for these two I have to go to Doctor :-))) Thank you so mcuh for your nice advise.

09:59  
Blogger Chakameh Azimpour said...

Ahhh. Bijan, How nice are you. I feel much better now :-))

09:59  
Blogger Chakameh Azimpour said...

Aidin. Hi. Nice to see you here. Thanks for leaving a comment. I am taking the life easy. The life is getting it hard on me :-)))
I don't know if you are familiar with Hafez, but he says:
Goft asan gir kar ha kaz rouyeh Tab'e, sakht migirad jahan bar mardoman sakht koosh :-))

10:06  
Blogger Reza said...

daghighan. i used to be more of a not very easy-going person. then i found out that "life" is not "anything" in particular: neither good or bad or hard or easy for that matter. we "see" it with these adjectives. i'm practicing to see it in more of a positive way. i'm trying to live more according to this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/roospi/419188062/

11:33  
Blogger Chakameh Azimpour said...

Good catch in the photo. I like the poem very much :-)

11:49  
Blogger Chakameh Azimpour said...

Sorry for the typo Nazy joon :-) I meant my pain is getting worse......

11:51  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Chachameh,

I feel bad really bad even about to tear. No offense but you are killing yourself and it is a sin believe me. You are not only responsible for your body but you owe it to your family, beloved ones and friends to take care of yourself. They want to see happy Chakameh as you are always even in troubles and difficulties. Do not get it wrong I don't mean that they wouldn't like you if you are in trouble for I know friends in need are friends indeed. Pliz go see a good doctor. You have to do that otherwise I don't know what to say. Here is one of my favorite places. Next time I hope to hear good news.

ERADTMAND
Mahbanoo

22:44  
Blogger Chakameh Azimpour said...

Mahbanoo Jan. Thank you so much for your nice words. Don't worry. I am a survivor. If it was not because of talking to my friend, I wouldn't even remember the problems. Or may be it is because I am emotionaly involved in some serious matter, and am very confused, and therefore suddenly remembered the problems.....
Nevertheless, thank you again for your kindness. Tell me more about yourself if you like :-)

10:18  
Blogger bijan said...

Hi Chakameh,

I have been tagged by Foreve Under Construction (Homeyra) to list Six Things One Should Do Before 18. Please check out the rules either on hers or on my blog here. Please join us if you like. I love to read your responses. Thank you.

08:43  

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://www.webstats4u.com/s?id=4087915