Thursday, October 05, 2006

Las Vegas

Last week we went to Las Vegas, or as Amir calls it Sin City. This was my second visit to Las Vegas. Last time was exactly 2 years ago, when I came from Vienna to visit Amir for 3 weeks, and we drove there to see one of his friends.
My first reaction to the city was that I felt I am Pinoccio in the Amusement Park. Where he had changed to donkey. I am not kidding. Everything was HUGE, and FAKE. Big buildings were copies of Paris, Venice, Rome, ro like Eatern / Arabic palaces (Aladin) and me, just coming from Europe was so mad and didn't like it at all.
In addition, I hate gambling. I never realize how people spend their money in the Slot Machines.
Anyhow, 2 months ago I won “another” radio contest and the prize was 4 nights at Las Vegas. So, we HAD to go there :-)
Amazingly, this time I enjoyed it. There are so many things besides gambling that one can do there. There are many shows, and many concerts one can go, and so many Gourmet Kitchens. We visited one of Cirque du Soleil show, and got a Gondola Ride, had some very good foods. There were few things that if they hadn’t happened, I would say I had a very good trip, but oh Well, Life is not fair. Is it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://www.webstats4u.com/s?id=4087915